Posting a Job – Guidelines and Terms
The Gift Club is a global digital meeting place, forum and e-newsletter for the gift cards, incentives, rewards, loyalty and engagement community to share articles, news, research, and insights.
Post a Job is a service provided by The Gift Club to allow companies and agencies to advertise industry related job vacancies.
Job Posting Recommendation & Tips:
- Job adverts should not be too long, or too short.
- The Job Title should be exactly what it is without deviation. I.e. Business Development Manager rather than ‘Sales guru wanted’
- Use bullets, lists and short sentences and short paragraphs
- If the role is remote or mixed, then be clear on this.
First impressions count. People decide within seconds whether to continue reading something. In the first paragraph you should include any company benefits, salary / equity / shares (if applicable), a very short description of what the company does and its USP. Then focus on its culture and any exciting developments along with why you are looking for someone.
The 2nd paragraph should be a short description of the skills and experience you are looking for. Don’t be overzealous, be clear about the top 5 skills this role really needs and in what capacity will those skills be used. Suggest some examples of the type of projects they may be doing.
The 3rd section needs to be no more than 10 bullet points of what the right person will be doing on a day to day basis. Try not to be generic here. Make your description relevant to your company, systems, processes, and teams.
The 4th section needs to be no more than 5 bullet points of what the right person should expect to achieve in the first 12 months. (So many companies forget this!) And finally, don’t forget to upload a logo and add the correct contact details.
Terms and Conditions
- Job adverts must be relevant to the industry – gift cards, rewards, incentives, employee engagement, loyalty, employee benefits, payments or fintech however there are no restrictions on job title or discipline.
- We offer a simple platform for you to advertise your jobs and take reasonable steps to provide a reliable service to you. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of any of the CVs stored in our database. You acknowledge and accept that this is beyond our control, and refunds cannot be given in the event of untruthful information being submitted by Candidates or in the event of no candidates applying to your advertised roles.
- All our fees exclude VAT.
- You agree not to disclose any information provided by Candidates to any third parties, or those not directly related to the recruitment process of the individual(s) in question.
- You acknowledge and accept that you will at all times comply with the provisions of current data protection legislation. And you will not, by any act or omission cause The Gift Club to be in breach of current data protection legislation.
- You acknowledge and accept that you are acting as a data controller for the purpose of current data protection legislation in connection with any personal data obtained in the provision of the Services by The Gift Club. It is your responsibility to comply with your obligations as a data controller and to satisfy yourself of the legal grounds for processing any personal data.
- The Gift Club acknowledges that it will act as a data controller for the purposes of current data protection legislation and that it will comply with its legal obligations in the provision of the Services.
- Any personal details which you provide to us from which we can identify you are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration. You are obliged to have a lawful basis for the transfer of any personal data you provide to us. You agree that you do not object to us using this information to contact you for the purpose of improving our service to you, requesting payment(s), discussing account status, and you confirm that you do not consider any of the above as a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring The Gift Club into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against The Gift Club arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
- We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that Candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
- Advertisements which discriminate (or appear to discriminate) on grounds of sex, race, age or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by The Gift Club on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from The Gift Club without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
- The Gift Club is not responsible for the content of job adverts from different employers/agencies. If you have an issue with a job advert that is not your own, you should deal with this directly and not through The Gift Club.
- You agree to pay the entire balance (in pounds sterling) of your account prior to the commencement of the service (unless an alternative payment structure is agreed in writing). You agree that payments will be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of failure by you, or the person with whom responsibility lies for payment of such transactions, that we may terminate your account and cancel this agreement immediately. We may also pursue payment in a court of law.
- On receipt by us of your submitted information via our on-line form, you will be deemed to have accepted all of these terms and conditions, and will be granted access (subject to receiving payment) to our database in accordance with these terms and conditions. You also agree that all of the information you supply to us is correct, truthful and complete.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in respect of its subject matter NOTWITHSTANDING that The Gift Club reserves the right to vary this Agreement from time to time (including the services offered by The Gift Club). Such changes shall be notified to you by e-mail or posted on the Website. Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the Website and/or the Services.
- You agree that you shall not use the Website or the Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, untrue, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or which may cause anxiety to others including racist or sexist content or material which otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm the website computer systems or any third party computer system.
- The Gift Club reserves the right to refuse a job advert posting at any time should it fall outside of these guidelines. However, we are nice people, and will always offer help and advice to avoid this from being the case!