Thames Technology Broadens Gift Card Print Capabilities with New Best-in-Class HP Digital Press
Following extensive research, analysis and testing, Thames Technology are excited to announce that they have added a new HP Indigo 35K digital offset press to enhance their printing capabilities for retail and financial cards as well as their associated packaging.
The company has listened to customers and the new press – the first of its kind in the UK and EMEA region – is their answer to requests for more flexible print options.
What does this mean for Thames Technology’s gift card customers?
- Shorter print runs. Digital printing enables flexibility to produce smaller quantities. This means gift card customers can use dual branding on small and large runs for B2B cards, try the popularity of different designs and test demand for non-traditional gift card events.
- Shorter lead times. By eliminating the need for plate making and set up, more jobs can be delivered over a shorter period, so Thames Technology can offer faster delivery on cards and carriers across an even wider range of products.
- Reaction speed. Smaller print runs coupled with short lead times means Thames Technology can support customers in reacting quickly to market demand for promotional, souvenir and limited-edition licenced cards including their customised packaging.
- Eco-friendly. The new energy efficient press reduces waste and prints on a wide range of eco-friendly card materials including 790 micron boards, helping companies ensure that their gift cards not only look stunning, but also have a sustainable supply chain.
- Mass customisation. The digital printing technology opens the doors for customised and personalised products helping their customers create new market opportunities.
The technical bit …
The new press offers market-leading print quality, complementing the company’s existing technology with a new digital solution, featuring:
- Print speeds of up to 4,600 sheets per hour
- High-definition print quality
- Capable of printing on all current substrates
- Colour capability including CMYK, OVG, spot for most Pantone colours, premium white, UV and more
The bigger picture
With Thames Technology already at the leading edge of personalisation, this new press provides yet another step change in their capability to fulfil the increasing demand for customised and personalised products via on-demand printing.
Che Colford, General Manager at Thames Technology commented:
“We are thrilled about having taken this step, which will help us fulfil the requirements of our new and existing customers for quality print with a quick turn-around time regardless of quantity.
The new digital press complements our current print capabilities and allows us to enhance our already broad offering even further. In addition, the new HP press with its highly efficient operation also reduces waste and minimises energy consumption which fits in perfectly with our continued drive to reduce our impact on the environment.”
Tony Lock, UK &I Sales Manager, Label and Packaging at HP Indigo said:
“We are delighted to be working in collaboration with Thames Technology on this hugely exciting project to bring mass customisation, fast turnaround and short run capability to this important sector of the print market. Working with Thames Technology to help continue its drive to produce sustainable and environmentally friendly products, is something that HP Indigo are particularly proud to be involved with.”